Band Stuff

Page 1 of 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

see you there then..

Post  joolz on Mon Nov 16, 2009 3:12 pm

thanks steve.. see ya tomorrow.. can you bring my magma dvd's please?

joolz

View user profile

Back to top Go down

tomorrow

Post  omnivore23 on Mon Nov 16, 2009 3:10 pm

I don't thik shel is coming, but shall we meet at the studio at the usual time and take it from there?

omnivore23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

onwards, upwards and beyond

Post  joolz on Mon Nov 16, 2009 12:56 pm

some interesting chat since i last checked and pleased to see it looks like we want to carry on! methinks we definitely need to talk about this, and this online forum is probably not the best place to air our views.
so question is, are we playing tomorrow? i need to know cos i'm coming to exeter early for a dental appointment and will need to pack the car first thing in the morning... or, are we just getting together for the tete a tete - and if so where?

joolz

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Sensible words and a way forward

Post  Emmy on Mon Nov 16, 2009 5:35 am

I agree, let us aim for one excellent, eclectic Shirley set, playing songs we love and having jolly good fun.

Emmy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

I agree with Shel

Post  omnivore23 on Sun Nov 15, 2009 11:37 am

I reckon the reason we take ages to nail stuff is that we are trying to do much within what will always be limited resources of time and energy.

So I think we should make a shift to being that does gigs, not bookings that require 2 sets.

It's a totally seperate circuit - and you only ever need 1 set of 45 mins plus encores.

And there's usually a PA or bands hire one together.

It also means that we can be much more eclectic in our choice of material and play what we want.

And nail those songs good and proper

See you tuesday

omnivore23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Ok, my take!

Post  shelley on Sun Nov 15, 2009 11:12 am

Hi. Have been using this time to go through a variety of responses to the past week and it stands like this.

Having thought originally that in a perverse way it was all a bit of a relief because now I dont have to driving to Exeter once a week in the cold and dark and a relief of the mounting pressure of the responsibility of having to learn x number of new songs a week, my conclusion now is that I love the band, it helps make me who I am and I like you all.

I am juggling many balls in the air at the mo cos am taking a course that requires lots of thinking and planning but should hopefully mostly be over by beginning of December.

I would like the setlist to be shrunk so we perform a single set, this would also alleviate the pressure of having to learn any more songs. I would like to just concentrate on the ones we have, look at the original set list and decide what stays n what goes, and look at what new songs we have TO DATE and then STOP and just work on what we have. Later I will put a list on the forum of what I am interested
in keeping and working on. am cooking dinner as I type.

What does everyone else think?

Shelley XX

shelley

View user profile

Back to top Go down

oh hells teeth..

Post  joolz on Wed Nov 11, 2009 11:29 am

friends.. I've just got up, and opened up the broadband to find soooo much has been going on since my posting yesterday to say i couldnt make it last night.

corinne's and tony's decisions have shocked me to the core and i am truly gutted.

i have spent the last nine months looking forward to and enjoying our shirley sessions despite my travelling (which i am quite happy to keep on doing) and have put much effort into the whole thing. (3 hours practice on both sunday and monday!). i'd just decided to sort myself out with some bass lessons - and I still will. I need them!

yes, we have got different musical likes and dislikes, and no group of 6x 30-50 year olds is ever going to come together with even an 80% match on what they like; if anything is missing or wrong it is a clear shirley manifesto.. are we a dance band, a wedding/function band, a pub band, or just folk who enjoy a weekly get together? whichever category we might be pigeon holed into, they are all very different musically and we have been somewhat pendulous in our mission, especially since the big gig.

if corinne and tony are determined to leave then, with regret, we have to accept their right, but I certainly hope that somehow we can go on. to not have slightlier shirley to look forward to is something i can't quite come to terms with.. not unlike being dumped by a lover after a 9 month turbulent relationship.

corinne, tony, please reconsider.. but if you can't and you are determined to leave then I'm really sorry.

for those of us left behind, i hope we can turn into "shirley the phoenix" and re-emerge..

I'm on for next week!

joolz

View user profile

Back to top Go down

slightlier shirley?

Post  omnivore23 on Wed Nov 11, 2009 7:01 am

likewise emmy

let's see who we got next week?

omnivore23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Tuesday Night Music Club

Post  Emmy on Wed Nov 11, 2009 6:04 am

How very very sad to read that Corinne and Tony want to leave the band, many many apologies if any of my absences have led to these decisions. Steve had to go to Milan this week – rather short notice but how very grand… but it left me home alone without a baby sitter.

BUT I have really enjoyed our musical collaborations and had such fun – and if any of you remaining die hards want to continue, then I am up for it. Perhaps a name change though.

If not c'est la vie and for me it was so much fun. Corinne and Tony you are nothing short of a musical geniusesss geniuie?? and very good at playing them there instruments and I have really enjoyed spending my Tuesday evenings with you.

Love to all, Emmy

Emmy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Tony

Post  shelley on Tue Nov 10, 2009 1:48 pm

It was so nice to meet you Tony, you're a nice bloke and it was a pleasure to play together.
May Age Concern grant you double the amount of holiday entitlement and may you never lose another plectrum and may one day I be articulate enough to say you will be missed.. albino

shelley

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Flippin 'eck

Post  omnivore23 on Tue Nov 10, 2009 9:40 am

Anyone would think we were a bunch of forty-somethings with parenting duties, slipping discs, nagging infections, demanding jobs, and thirty years of strong opinions about music to worry about.

I guess this means that unless I want to join Stevie next door in a three hour drum solo we're cancelling tonight......?

Tony I completely understand what a long day it must be for you, and if the music isn't firing your synapses, then I guess it's time to go. We'll miss you, even down to that annoying setting on your fx pedal.

Corinne - what can I say - I'll wait to see your email later.

omnivore23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Band Stuff

Post  shelley on Tue Nov 10, 2009 9:07 am

Argh....I hope you're not fed up with me Cor, this virus had brought me so low and carried on for so long, I had to cancel clients (therefore money) and everything too! Not just missing band sessions! Sad

shelley

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Tony on Tue Nov 10, 2009 8:52 am

This is me talking, not as a reaction to what Corinne has just posted but as a result of what has been building up in my mind for some time. After long consideration I am finding the rehearsals too demanding, both in terms of energy required and the knock-on effects of a long day of work and then rehearsing and getting home after 11.
There are also (as can be expected in any band) musical differences, but I feel that the musical direction does not inspire me to rehearse or put forward suggestions for consideration.
Corinne and I did not conspire to resign at the same time, as I had intended to let you all know at tonights rehearsal, it just coincided with her decision.
I do wish you all the very best and have enjoyed many happy times and shall miss the banter and the japes.
Tony. Cool

Tony
Admin

View user profile http://slightlyshirley.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Corinne on Tue Nov 10, 2009 8:34 am

I am gonna be leaving the band, shooting from the hip here, but it's all too negative for me. I'm sorry guys but i need to leave. I'm not a happy bunny. I 'll write a proper note by email later tonight
x

Corinne

View user profile

Back to top Go down

tonight

Post  shelley on Tue Nov 10, 2009 7:22 am

To be honest, I've been so chook this past fortnight Iv'e done nothing toward the music. Just spent the last 24hrs trying to submit dammed online job application that scraped through with minutes to spare, god knows what it looks like now! Personally, if we're missing our vocalist and our bass player, would rather spend time building rapport with my abandoned box in a corner at home, rather than do the whole torquay/exeter/torquay thing, think its a better use of my time tonight. That and a f*/?g big bottle of wine!!!!!!!

Shelley

shelley

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Tonight.. Tuesday 10th

Post  joolz on Tue Nov 10, 2009 6:46 am

Folks.. its looking unlikely I'm going to make it tonight. Not sure quite what's wrong but very achey, fluey and not quite with it. I'd say it was swine flu if i had a temperature, but its on the low side so dont think it can be that.
Anyhow I feel like death warmed up and not up to anything. I shall probably make it through the day at work but as for being up to anything else other than sleeping I think it's unlikely. Sorry. Crying or Very sad
I hope this doesnt stop you getting together and making progress.. I am (or was looking) forward to trying out some of the new stuff.
BTW, I have a new recording gadget a bit like the zoom Very Happy , but made by Tascam.. and I was looking forward to trying that out too! aaargghh Mad

A few points re. musical suggestions:
Paint it Black - not too much in favour of that old unfavourite
Miss Chatelaine - gorgeous song, some nice chord progressions, but not sure its quite our cuppa? Still, I'm happy to give it a go.
Rudi - never liked it, never will. Would rather just keep Denis being Denis.
Tainted Love - the version on Spotify that Emmy linked is a 12" version.. are we doing the extended stuff, or keeping it to the original single version?

joolz

View user profile

Back to top Go down

tin whistel it is then

Post  Corinne on Sun Nov 08, 2009 12:59 pm

oh, was wondering, I know it gets covered a lot but hows about Paint it Black,,, we could shirley it quite well....whadda yous all think?

Corinne

View user profile

Back to top Go down

flute??

Post  joolz on Sun Nov 08, 2009 12:27 pm

corinne.. sadly i havent had a flute for about 25 years!! otherwise you could have borrowed it :-)

joolz

View user profile

Back to top Go down

interesssssting

Post  Corinne on Sun Nov 08, 2009 12:20 pm

will be quite interesting to be emmyless and I'm sure we'll miss you loads Emmy, but it does give us the week to really tighten up the arrangements then... and go over the more tricky musical bits. I was thinking we could focus on

shelter

the denis to rudi change and are we doing all of rudi, i hope so,? then back into denis?

could we also put the bones to miss chatelaine... i know we need emmy to sing it but p'raps we could work out the structure, i've been working hard on it

you really got me - robot stylish (i ve got meself a great tin whistle!) i did try the fife but a bit too tricky (jules, can i try your flute?)

find a style for party

get right key for enjoy yourself, the chords written above the songsheets we gave out are dfferent to spotify version, which has made practisigni hard for me, so i've been doing the spotify version...oops

and any others on the night Smile

looking forward to seeing you all

xxxx Corinne xxxxx

Corinne

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Unable to come on Tuesday - many apologies

Post  Emmy on Sun Nov 08, 2009 5:12 am

Sorry all but Steve has to go away Tues night so am unable to come to rehearsal. Many apologies.

Emmy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Singalonga Robots

Post  Emmy on Wed Nov 04, 2009 2:57 am

Joolz, I am singing along to the Robots in Disguise version.

Shelley, hope you are feeling better, H and G have been poorly too this week, high temperatures and nasty colds. 'Tis the time of year I fear. Hope you are feeling better.

Emmy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  shelley on Tue Nov 03, 2009 3:17 am

Thanks Joolz! This bug does seem to be rather long wind Evil or Very Mad ed.

shelley

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Cancelled rehearsal

Post  joolz on Mon Nov 02, 2009 11:12 am

Hi folks.. Corinne just phoned me as she currently has no tinternet and suggested it was best to cancel the rehearsal tomorrow as Shelley is ill and apparently Steve is away? Given the rubbish weather too (absolutely horrendous here in Plymouth at the moment) that suits me, and I'll just go to my garage instead and practice! Not the same as being with y'all, but I need to spend some time catching up on the new ones. Emmy, can you confirm whether the Robots in Disguise version of Get me Going is in the right key or whether the original Kinks version is better for your register?
Shelley, get well sooon.. seems like a lot of conjunctivitis in your family! :-)

joolz

View user profile

Back to top Go down

This Weeks rehearsal

Post  shelley on Mon Nov 02, 2009 2:46 am

Hi guys, I'm not going to come on Tuesday as I've been been feeling poorly to say the least with conjuctivitis and synuses and swollen throat which is still hanging about. Next Tuesday should be fine, if not I'll be dead, so lets hope for the former!

You could still meet though cos you got bass, guitar,vox and box/sax/clarinet/drums/wratchety thing! Leave you all to decide, and look forward to seeing you next week.

Love shelley XXX

shelley

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Rehearsal and next week's tasks (for 3rd Nov)

Post  Emmy on Thu Oct 29, 2009 4:00 am

Hi all, Joolz we all really missed you on Tuesday, and sadly Steve can't make next week's rehearsal - but we agreed to meet anyway to look at our new songs - which we didn't get around to - so we plan to listen to:

http://open.spotify.com/track/3lK8FanOZOrV5qdyFzoauI (you really got me)
http://open.spotify.com/track/4LebWLzJzQnNA83s1ajgTE (miss chatelaine)
and then:
http://open.spotify.com/track/1ZZaVNmw82h3lZN0XypfdM (Enjoy Yourself)- we couldn't come up with a GREAT arrangement and need your input.
http://open.spotify.com/track/2CeqxyOZEyiL6pTDYZ9gPH (fever) untried need bass
http://open.spotify.com/track/1MH4JRVpjWb8NrBsd8vPBk (tainted love) - need bass
http://open.spotify.com/track/3XgA97ymI5m16FsU6UkjXA (get the party started) - def need bass

and if time run through second batch of songs?

Emmy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

This is a bit gorgeous

Post  omnivore23 on Mon Oct 26, 2009 1:56 pm

Check out them puppies

http://open.spotify.com/track/6ViKJSmm5my0mp86iBAkES

Hope you're feeling better tomorrow Shel..........

omnivore23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Rehearsal

Post  shelley on Mon Oct 26, 2009 1:41 pm

Yeah, hope so, am feeling a bit ropey but hopefully it will have passed by tomorrow night.

shelley

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Back on for 27th - I'll be there

Post  Emmy on Mon Oct 26, 2009 11:05 am

see you tomorrow unless I hear otherwise.

Emmy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Back from the brink

Post  omnivore23 on Mon Oct 26, 2009 9:29 am

They have camcelled all the flights to IO so I am now staying in Exeter - so are we back on chaps?

omnivore23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Rehearsal on 27th cancelled

Post  shelley on Mon Oct 26, 2009 6:56 am

Hi guys, just a quick note to say that Steve is going to be away this Tuesday with work, and as Joolz is up in sunny Scotland, I guess this week's session is therefore cancelled?! Steve snowed under at the moment so I'm letting you know on his behalf.

I loved our version of Reward last week!

Shelley XXXXXX

shelley

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Polly and the Rhythmics

Post  Emmy on Fri Oct 23, 2009 4:35 am

NEXT REHEARSAL

Listen to:

http://open.spotify.com/track/3lK8FanOZOrV5qdyFzoauI (you really got me)
http://open.spotify.com/track/4LebWLzJzQnNA83s1ajgTE (miss chatelaine)

Learn for next week’s rehearsal:

1. Get the party started – Dick Braveheart’s version http://open.spotify.com/track/3XgA97ymI5m16FsU6UkjXA (I really like this version btw!)
2. Jackie Wilson said http://open.spotify.com/track/4Vjyd6sVJhrtUF1WtrGVzx spotify:track:3VWNSt7w2Z35XBePZu9ni1 (Van)
3. Reward spotify:track:6hGJOqjM2yle1mVjbMpSXu
4. Enjoy Yourself http://open.spotify.com/track/1ZZaVNmw82h3lZN0XypfdM
5. Shelter- http://open.spotify.com/track/2523GuFtbcFI6ARy65ttHB
6. Fever http://open.spotify.com/track/2CeqxyOZEyiL6pTDYZ9gPH
7. Tainted Love 12” version http://open.spotify.com/track/1MH4JRVpjWb8NrBsd8vPBk

New old songs to practice (batch 2):

8. Kiss me, honey, honey
9. Denis/Rudy (Listen to Rudy) http://open.spotify.com/track/2EwEtZrsBpjLmwhe7GCGhs
10. Boots are made for walking
11. Mercy
12. Dancing in the street
13. Downtown

Old old songs to practice (batch 1):

14. Delilah
15. when I’m 64
16. River Deep Mountain High
17. Songs of Love
18. Sweet Drreams
19. Run
20. Will you?
21. Ring of Fire
22. Dance the Night Away
23. Perfect
24. Big Spender
25. 500 miles

Did I miss anything?

Emmy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

goodnight...

Post  joolz on Wed Oct 21, 2009 5:42 am

Folks.. not goodnight, but good night! I really enjoyed the rehearsal last night.. it was refreshing to inject some energy into those new songs! Great stuff indeed and shame I'm away (again) next week.. but already looking forward to Nov 3rd!

joolz

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Well done Corinne

Post  Emmy on Tue Oct 20, 2009 11:48 am

Just across the road for me!

Emmy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

we've got a gig!!! honest, really, truly, finally

Post  Corinne on Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:46 am

19th March 2010

benefit gig for Soundwaves at the Coaver Club, County COuncil Topsham road
get in from 5pm
last orders 11.30 pm

our gig, we can invite support if we want or DJ or whatever. Profits to Soundwaves after we've covered our costs

whooppdee do
cheers bounce affraid

Corinne

View user profile

Back to top Go down

I like it

Post  Emmy on Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:40 am

we should give it a try out Joolz. So many different versions of the same song! wowee.

Emmy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

shhhhh. quiet in the forum. PLEASE KEEP THE NOISE DOWN!

Post  joolz on Tue Oct 20, 2009 6:54 am

have you all absconded?
or, wearing my usual paranoia hat, have you moved to a new forum and not told me? haha.. Very Happy

joolz

View user profile

Back to top Go down

now you got me going..

Post  joolz on Sun Oct 18, 2009 2:37 pm

i just stumbled across this and given most of my ideas have been axed, i wanna throw this one into the mix..
the kinks.. "you really got me". you cant beat the kinks original, but i quite like the "robots in disguise" version on spotty which is a potential shirley style version.. subsititute clarinet or melodica for the flute solo and hey presto!

joolz

View user profile

Back to top Go down

part started

Post  joolz on Sun Oct 18, 2009 2:06 pm

hi folks. have you heard the version of party by dick brave and the backbeats on spotify?? a bit more shirley???

joolz

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Demo

Post  Emmy on Mon Oct 12, 2009 1:06 pm

Joolz I was going to wait until Steve had time to remix RDMH and include all 3 tracks on a cd for the pub? BTW she told me today that she had a great band on for Halloween - 'Dirty Money'... here is the website link to the pub and 'what's on' http://www.bishopblaize.co.uk/whats_on.html

Emmy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

falling like flies

Post  Corinne on Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:51 am

with 2 down, it's probably best to cancel eh? not really worth it for you and shelley to come up. steve said last week he wouldnt be able to get round to doing the demo cos of being away and stuff, but i think emmy was gonna use the 2 songs to give to the pub. yikes, i dunno for sure.

have been enjoying practising the new songs, sorry joolz a few slipped in while you wos not ere, still its all still work in progress and we'll see what they end up like and whether they stay in or not.

we're on the up, pretty positive, and drop dead gorgeous the whole lot of us.
sunny
shelley, the orchestra are all dead, most wear hearing aids, and none have ever seen active service! it s a hoot. busmans holiday Laughing

Corinne

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Tues 13th.. to cancel or not??

Post  joolz on Mon Oct 12, 2009 6:46 am

Hi folks.. seems like you made some progress last week. I had a good time in Londres, Magma were marvellous (as always) though the sound quality in the barbican was bloomin awful.
Just so I can plan alternative things, can we confirm please that we are or are not cancelling Tuesday this week? BTW, has Steve re-mixed River Deep yet? I've not seen or heard anything about that since we overdubbed two weeks ago?

joolz

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Cancel next Tuesdays session?

Post  shelley on Sun Oct 11, 2009 2:40 pm

Hi, did I imagine it or did Steve say he wasnt here on Tuesday too? If thats the case, I take it Tuesday cancelled if Emmy cant make it? That's ok with me, gives me a little longer to work on getting Downtown sorted with bass buttons and work on the newies, so time will be well utilised.

Cor, how DID you get on with the orchestra????

shelley

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Next Tuesday's rehearsal 13th October a no show from me I am sorry

Post  Emmy on Sun Oct 11, 2009 12:13 pm

Terribly sorry guys but a family commitment has arisen next Tuesday evening and I can't get out of it - so I will not make next Tuesday's rehearsal. Many apologies to all, Emmy x

Emmy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Corinne on Sat Oct 10, 2009 6:22 am

hi

shelley i'll send mp3 again a bit later

i'll have to retract meal invitation as not enough people can make the date and it was sposed to be a band social thing...we can rearrange or do something different another time Laughing

off to practise, sees ya later

Corinne

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Dancing in the Street

Post  shelley on Thu Oct 08, 2009 5:27 am

Sorry to be a pain Cor but any chance you could mail me another copy of above as trying to make a playlist on my itunes and it hasnt saved the original and have trailed back through all old emails and cant find it to add and save again. Dont worry if this is a pain as will improvise, just thought that if you had it knocking around anywhere.......! Smile

shelley

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  shelley on Thu Oct 08, 2009 4:59 am

lol!
albino

shelley

View user profile

Back to top Go down

invites

Post  Corinne on Wed Oct 07, 2009 8:39 am

i've just sent round invites for a band and friends social in aid of Rage Concern. My email is being wierd so if you havent got one please let me know
xxx
C

and just listened to yes sir i can boogie and think i'll veto unless anyones really attached , its bloody awful. i love to boogie by t rex might be better suited for us
sorry

Corinne

View user profile

Back to top Go down

last night's rehearsal notes

Post  Emmy on Wed Oct 07, 2009 7:45 am

Joolz, you were missed - Boots was a bit pants without the bass! Here is a run down of last night for us all and actions for next week, Corinne whipped us into shape!

First batch of songs (in the bag)

1. Delilah
2. when I’m 64
3. River Deep Mountain High
4. Songs of Love
5. Sweet Drreams
6. Run
7. Will you?
8. Ring of Fire
9. Dance the Night Away
10. Perfect
11. Big Spender
12. 500 miles

Second batch of songs (work’s in progress)

13. Kiss me, honey, honey
14. Denis/Rudy (Listen to Rudy) http://open.spotify.com/track/2EwEtZrsBpjLmwhe7GCGhs
15. Boots are made for walking
16. Mercy
17. Dancing in the street
18. Downtown

Third batch of song (not yet tried unless *)

19. Get the party started* http://open.spotify.com/track/6YWmK520J1oeqHTeXji66j
20. Jackie Wilson said* (karaoke version any good?) http://open.spotify.com/track/4Vjyd6sVJhrtUF1WtrGVzx
spotify:track:3VWNSt7w2Z35XBePZu9ni1 (Van)
21. Reward spotify:track:6hGJOqjM2yle1mVjbMpSXu
22. Enjoy Yourself http://open.spotify.com/track/1ZZaVNmw82h3lZN0XypfdM
23. Shelter* http://open.spotify.com/track/2523GuFtbcFI6ARy65ttHB
24. Travellin’ home http://open.spotify.com/track/3gMuPvS0Rf9prG2YwbDCPm
25. Fever http://open.spotify.com/track/2CeqxyOZEyiL6pTDYZ9gPH
26. Tainted Love 12” version http://open.spotify.com/track/1MH4JRVpjWb8NrBsd8vPBk
27. 007 Bond Theme spotify:track:7MwKpob3Tl2rIpiDS9V656
28. From Russia with Love spotify:track:7GDaMOjYnXY7PlZr5l7N8t
29. Yes sir I can boogie http://open.spotify.com/track/268jT4m5ztrceh5qdzpQ68

On the back burner

30. Chanson d’amour
31. Jolene
32. Valerie
33. Road to Nowhere
34. 96 Tears
35. Heatwave

So, for next week we should listen to the new proposed songs and try out the following at next week’s rehearsal:

• Party
• Jackie Wilson Said
• Shelter
• Reward
• Enjoy Yourself

Emmy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

lets try and get this party started then

Post  shelley on Mon Oct 05, 2009 12:04 pm

OK Cor, working from Spotify version of Lets get this party started, I believe the bass notes very roughly to be:

C, B, Bb, G, pretty much all the way through, apart from the occasional holding of the G. Have been having a little play and can bash something out of the box that is a rough approximation, certainly something to have a play with on Tuesday anyway.

Like the idea of Im in heaven, reward and the other one, cant look back to check, its later than you think one!

shelley

View user profile

Back to top Go down

party

Post  Corinne on Sun Oct 04, 2009 12:52 pm

also, cos i'm still thinking about it,,, really dont want to shelve Get This Party Started, til we've at least given it a try, is that OK?

Shelley, could you work bass line out on the bass buttons, i think its just on D and perhaps joolz could play the casio horn or keyboards for string type sound? along with the right hand on accordion, and then the sax can fill in and guitar can gel it all together

if i bring cd on tues, we'll get a recording of some of our ideas- think its too shirley and too much fun to give up on it too soon

xxx

Corinne

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next