Slightly Shirley
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Band Stuff

+2
Corinne
Tony
6 posters

Page 7 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Band Stuff - Page 7 Empty Re: Band Stuff

Post  shelley Sat Apr 25, 2009 6:17 am

Nooo...cant lose the woodwind bit, it makes the song Cori. Keep it as it is then and I'll improvise!

albino

shelley

Back to top Go down

Band Stuff - Page 7 Empty when I'm 64

Post  Corinne Thu Apr 23, 2009 3:05 pm

umm....the clarinet is in Bflat, i cant play it in another key...we would have to loose the woodwind if we do it in C. I dont mind but we'll ahve to decide tues, or work out another arrangement.

I think the running order thing for rehearsal is great Emmy, were we gonna put the two new songs at the start to concentrate 30 mins on each at the beginning and then that gives us 2 hours to go through all the rest?

Corinne

Back to top Go down

Post  shelley Thu Apr 23, 2009 2:53 pm

also, regarding When Im 64, I would be unable to get the um pah pah bit in if we did Corrine's version as I have no "pah" for any notes that are a sharp or flat unless its Eb or Bb, its the way the accordian is set out. so I can "um" away or play/sing/dance something else which is fine, if we do that version.

albino

shelley

Back to top Go down

Post  shelley Thu Apr 23, 2009 2:46 pm

One useful thing, possibly the only useful thing, I learnt in psychology is the order of memory ie. that people remember whats at the beggining and at the end, as opposed to the middle which is almost always forgotten. Therefore I personally think that the idea of a great song to start and nearly as good to finish is a good idea, the weaker stuff should be placed firmly in the mddle.

shelley albino

shelley

Back to top Go down

Band Stuff - Page 7 Empty Best advice..

Post  joolz Thu Apr 23, 2009 2:36 pm

emmy, i take the point about starting with your best song, BUT surely it must depend on the gig and the audience? if there's only 3 men and their dogs there at the start of the set then its a bit of a waste to play your best song first. on the other hand if there are 999 cool kids gagging for it from the beginning then its obvious to start with your best and knock 'em dead! personally i think flexibility is best.. which is where some bands go wrong with cast in stone setlists.. nothing wrong with a general running order planned out, but need to be able to vary based on audience reaction.

joolz

Back to top Go down

Band Stuff - Page 7 Empty When I'm 64..

Post  joolz Thu Apr 23, 2009 2:27 pm

The chords Corinne has sent could be considered a little tricky for some of us - me included! the un-transposed version on spotify makes it a little easier with C, G, Bb, A etc.... I'm happy to learn either, but if it fits in the right vocal range then I suggest we keep it simple as poss..
Link to Chordie version: when i'm 64 - beatles

joolz

Back to top Go down

Band Stuff - Page 7 Empty 500 Miles - Proclaimers

Post  joolz Thu Apr 23, 2009 2:21 pm

Hi folks... the "original" version of 500 Miles as on Spotify is basically E, A and B..with just one small change. I tried to copy and paste the chords from Chordie into Word but it was laid it all out weird in a table.. so probably best if someone goes to this link and prints off a few copies:
500 miles - proclaimers

joolz

Back to top Go down

Band Stuff - Page 7 Empty Advice from a friend in a covers band...

Post  Emmy Thu Apr 23, 2009 1:32 pm

So to summarise, for next Tuesday's rehearsal, we will meet in the pub (by the station opposite Londis) at 6.30pm. Then once we have standardised our music and lyrics we will move on to the recording studio to rehearse for 7.30pm. Our mission is to ensure we ALL have the same music and lyrics. To speed up this process shall we divide up the 15 songs I can email all the lyrics to everyone if that is helpful?

Also a friend of mine, who is a guitarist in a 'covers' band offered the following advice, start with your best song end with your second best song and ALWAYS do an encore. Interesting no?

Emmy

Back to top Go down

Band Stuff - Page 7 Empty MP3s Sweet Dreams and Delilah

Post  shelley Thu Apr 23, 2009 6:34 am

Hey Guys.....We Rock! Very Happy

Shelley albino

shelley

Back to top Go down

Band Stuff - Page 7 Empty Well, I thought you were all mahhhvellous daaahlings...

Post  Emmy Thu Apr 23, 2009 5:23 am

Tired, schmired, you were all mahhhvellous daaahlings... now, moving on, please see below list of songs, leads, backings et al - I have put them in an order that I think is workable, giving consideration to 'type' of song, lead vocalist etc - we can discuss further on Tuesday in the pub, I am assuming it is the pub on the corner opposite Londis by the station?

Tony, after you left we all had a quick chat about getting more organised and it was felt that we needed an ordered list of songs to rehearse by - I may have just repeated myself but can't be bothered to delete.

1) Delilah
Lead: Emmy

2) Ring of Fire
Lead Tony and Emmy

3) Jolene
Lead Emmy

4) Just wanna dance
Lead Tony // backing Emmy

5) Perfect
Lead Emmy // Backing Shelley / Corinne

6) When I’m 64
Lead Tony

7) Hit the Road Jack
Lead Emmy and Tony // backing Corinne

8)Songs of Love
Lead Steve // backing Emmy

9) River Deep
Lead Emmy // Backing everyone with kazoos etc

10) Run
Lead Tony // backing Emmy /Shelley / Corinne/Steve

11) Sweet Dreams
Lead Emmy //backing Steve. Everyone else with A cappella bit

12) Will You
Lead Emmy

13) Chanson D’amour
Lead Emmy/ backing all

14) 500 Miles
Lead Tony and Emmy

15) Big Spender
Lead Emmy

Emmy

Back to top Go down

Post  Corinne Wed Apr 22, 2009 4:21 pm

I have emailed chords and lyrics to 'when I'm 64' to everyone. fingers crossed its all OK, but sorry for mix up with flats and sharps...its not consistent.

have also had a listen to stuff from last night...its not a great recording and i think we sound better than wot it sounds like on tape... but I'll make a few CD's .

See you next tuesday, in the pub 6.30pm to swap song sheets, correct chords etc etc...Tony, i think you missed this plan. but the idea is to get all song sheets, all the same...same chords, same lyrics, same structure etc...but we thought we prob had to work from your song sheet cos you've done the most scribbling, (so we need a plan prior to Tues )

Corinne

Back to top Go down

Band Stuff - Page 7 Empty Forum query

Post  joolz Wed Apr 22, 2009 1:18 pm

Tony.. just remembered was going to ask this last night.. is there a way for you to change the way the forum displays messages, such that most recent is shown first rather than last? J

joolz

Back to top Go down

Band Stuff - Page 7 Empty Tired...

Post  joolz Wed Apr 22, 2009 1:16 pm

Me too.. Tony don't worry.. you weren't the only tired one last night. I struggled to keep awake on my journey home, and went out like a light.. and slept better than I have done for ages! So, Shirley has benefits other than musical.. tires me out and sends me to sleep.. perhaps we should bottle it?

joolz

Back to top Go down

Post  shelley Wed Apr 22, 2009 7:58 am

I usually find Box sets of DVDs best, that way its a week of all out intensive, obsessive watching, then you get your life back!

Solo for Sweet Dreams sorted! Will try out next week. Couldn't hear myself either and now very familiar with the back of your head tony! Rolling Eyes Razz

gotta go get little one from school. anyone with little ones fancy meeting with other little ones perhaps at weekend for play in park and a natter? I would like to check out the Exeter parks, if the weather good?
shelley albino

shelley

Back to top Go down

Post  Tony Wed Apr 22, 2009 1:44 am

Don't know if it showed but I was totally wiped out at last night session. I completely forgot, and in fact denied it when Emmy said, but I was singing lead on Run. Duh! By half nine I was running on empty, I shall have to get extra early night next monday, but its a bit of a prob as 'Heroes' is on Beeb3 at 10:45 and I do have a bit of a 'Hero' in' addiction (groan). But I will switch to watchin' it the following week like the other mortals.
Will be really good to hear the recordin we did, just to get an idea of the mix more than anythin. The way we were set up Tues it was very diff for me to hear as I had my head stuck in the guitar amp, not being able to see everybody was awkward too. Will have to give the set-up a bit more thought for next week, I know it will be easier once more stuff is moved, but the idea of moving the spare drum kit into the corner should help.
Shows how tired I was I couldn't even adjust key to fit in with 64!

Hey Ho, here's to early nights!

T. Sleep

Tony
Admin

https://slightlyshirley.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Corinne Wed Apr 22, 2009 12:26 am

definititive chords for when I'm 64... I'll email everyone later the words and chords, but basically, the guitar has a capo on first fret which keeps chord shapes the same as what you have already Tony, but everyone else starts on C#....it'll all become clear. bounce

Corinne

Back to top Go down

Post  Tony Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:29 am

Here's a link to the Pearl and Dean music if anyone wants to practice...all together now...

Pa Pa Pa Pa Pa Pa Pa Pa Papapaa...

T. Very Happy

Tony
Admin

Back to top Go down

Band Stuff - Page 7 Empty Slightly Shirley – Play list update as at Tuesday, 21 April 2009 (missed off Run!)

Post  Emmy Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:16 am

Slightly Shirley – Play list update as at Tuesday, 21 April 2009

Definite keepers

1. Delilah – (Pearl and Dean Ending… discuss?)
2. Jolene
3. Songs of Love
4. Hey Big Spender (Triangle needed)

Songs to work on (to decide whether they are 'chuckers' or 'keepers') we decided were:

1. River Deep
2. Valerie
3. Ring of Fire
4. Hit the Road
5. Just wanna dance ... (Kazoos needed)
6. Perfect
7. Run

Songs we haven't (yet) abandoned and should attempt to tackle on Tuesday to make our final call were:

1. Will You
2. Sweet Dreams
3. Goody two shoes
4. Goldfinger
5. Chanson
6. Son of a preacher man
7. Ain't what you do
8. when I’m 64
9. Blowers daughter
10. White Horses

Emmy

Back to top Go down

Post  shelley Mon Apr 20, 2009 11:24 am

ah yes, seems the tab spaces have been removed for the chords, sorry about that, but the principle is good. just slide them along a bit in your imagination lol!
shelley albino

shelley

Back to top Go down

Post  shelley Mon Apr 20, 2009 11:22 am

oh brilliant, cut and paste works, fantastic. Right guys, do you think these are good chords to Will You. Sounds good to me, would help to have the gist so I can work out some accordian bits. if good, will put up the link, erm somehow.
Shelley albino

C
You drink your coffee,
F G
While I sip my tea,
Am C
And we're sitting here, playing so cool,
F E
Thinking, 'What will be, will be.'
C G
And it's getting kind of late now,
Am E
Oh, I wonder if you'll stay now,
E E E
Stay now, stay now, stay now,
Am C D Am E E
Or will you just politely say 'Goodnight'?

Am C
I move a little closer to you,
F G
Not knowing quite what to do and I'm
Am C
Feeling all fingers and thumbs,
F E
I spill my tea, oh silly me,
C G
But it's getting kind of late now,
Am E
Oh, I wonder if you'll stay now,
E E E
Stay now, stay now, stay now,
Am C D Am E E
Or will you just politely say 'Goodnight'?

shelley

Back to top Go down

Band Stuff - Page 7 Empty Take off your eyes!

Post  Emmy Mon Apr 20, 2009 6:25 am

ha ha ha yes love hurts Corinne! Very Happy

Emmy

Back to top Go down

Post  Corinne Mon Apr 20, 2009 1:24 am

Tony said in the other forum section about image...and I thought it would be good to start a conversation here about image, cos it would be great if we could get some pics from first show and at least start a MySpace...

personally favour the bohemiem look, ecletic like the instruments, but can be persuaded into buying another frock if required... What a Face

Corinne

Back to top Go down

Post  Corinne Sun Apr 19, 2009 1:28 pm

take off your eyes Question

Corinne

Back to top Go down

Band Stuff - Page 7 Empty lyrics

Post  joolz Sun Apr 19, 2009 1:16 pm

thanks emmy.. i'll try and put the chords to the lyics! Smile

joolz

Back to top Go down

Band Stuff - Page 7 Empty Will You Lyrics for Joolz

Post  Emmy Sun Apr 19, 2009 1:08 pm

Will You

You drink your coffee and I sip my tea
And we're sitting here playing so cool, thinking "What will be, will be"
But it's getting kind of late now
Oh I wonder if you'll stay now, stay now, stay now, stay now
Or will you just politely say goodnight?

I move a little closer to you, not knowing quite what to do
And I'm feeling all fingers and thumbs, I spill my tea, oh silly me!
I wonder if you'll stay now, stay now, stay now, stay now

And then we touch much too much
This moment has been waiting for a long long time
Makes me shiver, it makes me quiver
This moment I'm so unsure
This moment I've waited for
Is it something you've been waiting for, waiting for too?

Take off your eyes, bare your soul
Gather me to you and make me whole
Tell me your secrets, sing me the song
Sing it to me in the silent tongue
I wonder if you'll stay now, stay now, stay now, stay now

Also re White Horses I found this site http://www.culttelly.co.uk/lyrics/whitehorses.html and it sounds as though the whole thing is played on a stylophone or a kazoo...

Emmy

Back to top Go down

Band Stuff - Page 7 Empty Will You?

Post  joolz Sun Apr 19, 2009 12:33 pm

If I get time on Monday I'll bang the chords into a word doc and print a few copies out.. Wont have the words but I'll try and structure it verse/chorus/bridge style .. Hope that helps.. J

joolz

Back to top Go down

Post  Tony Sun Apr 19, 2009 9:18 am

Yes you were missed last week Shelley, will be good to have you back. It's starting to feel like we are making progress, band identity still in embryonic form but getting there.
It was great to have you there Jules, a bass really does add a bit of meat to the proceedings.
I certainly think that we will be ready by June.

Just to confirm that it is Tuesday 21st we are meeting next at Depot X. Apparently we could put our name on the door. Scary.

I shall now be spending the rest of my Sunday trying to track down a do-able version of 'white Horses'

Just to prove what a You Tube monkey I am here's the theme tune itself:

White Horses Theme

Enjoy

T.

Tony
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Emmy Sun Apr 19, 2009 4:50 am

Hi all

Notes etc from last Thursday's session.

We were quite happy-ish with Delilah and Jolene (although the latter does sound a little different every time we play/sing it, but hey ho - no bad thing it is live after all!. And the former, for Shelley's info, now ends with the Pearl and Dean ba ba ba ba ba ba ba ba etc advertising slogan of the 70's.... Question you had to be there I think …

Songs of Love, and Big Spender; again it was felt we had the barebones and both should be keepers, nb. triangle needed for Spender, further, to echo Corinne's comments Shell you were indeed MISSED . However, on the upside this week, having Jools play gave us another altogether more ballsy dimension - especially our latest version of Hit the Road Jack, with Tony sharing lead vocs singing male part - what a funny sentence 'singing male part' ho hum. Surprised

So:

Definite keepers

1. Delilah
2. Jolene
3. Songs of Love
4. Hey Big Spender

Songs to work on (to decide whether they are 'chuckers' or 'keepers') we decided were:

1. River Deep
2. Valerie
3. Ring of Fire
4. Hit the Road
5. Just wanna dance ...
6. Perfect

Songs we haven't (yet) abandoned and should attempt to tackle on Tuesday to make our final call were

1. Will You
2. Sweet Dreams
3. Goody two shoes
4. Goldfinger
5. Chanson
6. Son of a preacher man
7. Aint what you do
8. when i'm 64
9. blowers daughter

Steve put in a request for 'White Horses' so we all shd remind ourselves of that via spotify to discuss on Tuesday.

Need a triangle for Spender and Kazoos for almost all other numbers !!!!!!!

Altogether that makes 21 songs.... I hope I haven't left anything out from Tuesday and will email the list as a word document too. Em

Emmy

Back to top Go down

Post  Corinne Sat Apr 18, 2009 8:50 am

oh and forgot to say, Shelley...
we're meeting tuesday at depot x, which although still smells BAD, there is more space than before. dont forget your stool! so see ya tues 7.30 pm
we're gonna particularly look at sweet dreams and goody two shoes.

Jules, can you send chords or bring chords to Will You for Tony and Shelley.

Rocknroll

xxx

Corinne

Back to top Go down

Post  Corinne Fri Apr 17, 2009 5:09 pm

you wos very missed yesterday, Shelley albino

I was wondering if we could have somewhere on the forum, where we can list songs we like and might wanna do in far future... but is there anywhere we can all add our thoughts / ideas so they dont get lost...?
xxx

Corinne

Back to top Go down

Band Stuff - Page 7 Empty im back - phew

Post  shelley Fri Apr 17, 2009 1:57 pm

HI guys, Im back, knackered but fun.

Read through the posts, looks like you've all been having fun. I really like the kAZOO idea, cant remember which song though!!

So where, when we meeting next week? I'll really concentrate of the Emmy's list now for the set list numbers for our first gig.

Shelley Sleep off to bed now Sleep

shelley

Back to top Go down

Band Stuff - Page 7 Empty last night

Post  joolz Fri Apr 17, 2009 1:38 am

folks.. really enjoyed last night! thanks for having me along.. J cheers

joolz

Back to top Go down

Post  Corinne Tue Apr 14, 2009 2:40 pm

hulloooo.
the RUN simple chords, ah that was me, trying to keep it easy so i could play accordion on that track...do diddloloy doo.
the kazoos were gonna go on river deep mountain high (Ive remembered), but nobodys told me whether that was a joke or not... Very Happy i love it but again, will let it go if voted no Rolling Eyes
i have nearly worked out clarinet part to when i'm 64, tho i think it may be too complicated to get tight for june i dunno, there are lots of little bits in it - might be poss...can we quickly run it thurs just to see if we're in same key (Ive worked it out to beatles on UTube).
xx see you all thurs Corinne xx
Jules- to get to depot x...drive to st davids station then along cowely bridge road for about 20 yards --on left in old furnture warehouse (there is a depot x sign) with 2 car parks. park in second larger car park (careful of entrance as will take your gear box off). meet you outside at 7.30

Corinne

Back to top Go down

Band Stuff - Page 7 Empty [b]Song list for rehearsal this THURSDAY 7.30pm @ Dept X[/b]

Post  Emmy Tue Apr 14, 2009 2:07 am

Hi All, I have altered our song list for this Thursday in light of Corinne's very sensible comments, which we can discuss further on Thursday. Happy Tuesday. Emmy

SLIGHTLY SHIRLEY: WORKING TITLE / PLAYLIST

A list of our songs so far as at Saturday, 11 April 2009

1. Delilah (Tom)
2. Jolene (Dolly)
3. Songs of love (Divine Comedy)
4. Big Spender (Shirl)
5. River Deep Mountain High (Tina)
6. Perfect (Fairground Attraction)
7. Valerie (Amy Winehouse)
8. Ring of Fire (Johnny Cash)
9. Hit the Road Jack (Listen to weather girls version) - (Spotify.com)
10. Just wanna dance the night away (Mavericks)
11. Run (Snow Patrol)

Songs we haven’t tried yet….but might like to...

1.Sweet Dreams (Eurythmics)
2.Goody two shoes – (Adam and the Ants)
3.Chanson d’amour – (not the Muppets)
4.Son of a preacher man – (Dusty)
5.Aint what you do it’s the way that you do it –(FB3 ft Banarama)
6.The Blowers Daughter – (Damian Rice)[/list][/list]

Songs to try after June?....

1.When I'm Sixty Four (Beatles)
2.California Dreamin' (Mama's and Papa's)
3.Goldfinger (Shirl)
4.Everybody needs somebody (Blues Brothers)
5.Take me to the river – (Annie Lennox)
6.Enjoy Yourself – (The Specials[/list])[b]

Emmy

Back to top Go down

Band Stuff - Page 7 Empty hi folks..

Post  joolz Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:25 pm

...it's Joolz (the bass) here.. just been listening carefully to the versions we recorded last week and checking a few chords and stuff..
1. Delilah..on the chord chart that corinne copied for me there was a out of place F chord shown as the last chord of the chorus. it sounded wrong at the time and checking with various internet chord charts for the song, it should be an E7 and not F.
2. Run.. the version we recorded just moves between Am and G for the verse. Whilst this is OK and not 'wrong', the truer interpretation of these chords from the snow patrol version is: Am / Fmaj7 /Gsus4/ G / (2 beats on each) which makes it more interesting.

looking forward to thursday...
see ya
J

joolz

Back to top Go down

Band Stuff - Page 7 Empty Thursday 'Tis

Post  omnivore23 Mon Apr 13, 2009 12:14 pm

At depot X

omnivore23

Back to top Go down

Band Stuff - Page 7 Empty Wow

Post  omnivore23 Mon Apr 13, 2009 12:13 pm

This is so cool!

I'm Steve, by the way!

omnivore23

Back to top Go down

Post  Tony Mon Apr 13, 2009 11:20 am

Hi, I will assume that we are meeting tuesday then, and bring along my guitar. Corinne is it possible that i could borrow B.'s acoustic again. I will be getting mine fixed when I can in order to have a variety of sound for performances ( and also because, like you said, it looks good to have a load of instruments on stage even if you never play them).
If not i shall manage with my electric.
See you all soon.

T.

Tony
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Corinne Mon Apr 13, 2009 4:13 am

Oh and are we gonna use Kazoo's for the solo bit in the mavericks? or have i got wrong song? if so which song, and shall i see if i can buy 6 tomorrrow?

Corinne

Back to top Go down

Post  Corinne Mon Apr 13, 2009 4:10 am

I think we should meet up Tuesday, only because Tony doesnt know it might have been Thursday and he might have plans and we dont know we can def get the phoenix. Can we use Consoles Room at Depot X , Steve?
I think we also have to be realistic in getting a 45 min set that is good fun, simple and leave some of the more bigger numbers for after June...our first 11 are prob OK but there may be a couple that go, just cos we cant orchestrate them cleverly enough in the time span we've got.
I would suggest that our next 11 (the songs we might wanna have a go at) we must approach with simplicity... I can see Sweet Dreams being fairly easy, goody two shoes (if drummer stays alive), chanson d'amour - easy (not sure I'll be sensible), aint what you do, fairly easy, son of a preacher man poss easy. That leaves 6 that are more complex. We might get time to work another up but in light of it being a little over two months to go....yikes.
and other suggestion,.. if it turns out we have only got 40 mins of stuff, perhaps Tony could go on first with a couple of solo numbers to warm up the crowd etc....???
and lastly Blowers daughter, i know its a dirge and not right but great for weddings...the slow dance you know? but I'll let it go.... Wink
Now you gotta click, page 2 button, cos we're going over.....

Last edited by Corinne on Mon Apr 13, 2009 4:16 am; edited 1 time in total

Corinne

Back to top Go down

Post  Emmy Sat Apr 11, 2009 3:55 am

Whoops - strike that left off FB3 et al on last list: LATEST PLAY LIST BELOW FOR NEXT WEEK'S REHEARSAL - by the way, where and when are we meeting?

1. Delilah (Tom)
2. Jolene (Dolly)
4. Big Spender (Shirl)
11. Run (Snow Patrol)

1. Sweet Dreams (Eurythmics)
2. When I'm Sixty Four (Beatles)
3. California Dreamin' (Mama's and Papa's)
4. Goldfinger (Shirl)
5. Everybody needs somebody (Blues Brothers)
6. Goody two shoes – (Adam and the Ants)
7. Take me to the river – (Annie Lennox)
8. Chanson d’amour – (not the Muppets)
9. Enjoy Yourself – (The Specials)
10. Son of a preacher man – (Dusty)
11. Aint what you do it’s the way that you do it –(FB3 ft Banarama)

Emmy

Back to top Go down

Post  Emmy Sat Apr 11, 2009 3:46 am

hi all

Somhow created a new thread so have posted my response to band stuff below - thanks for your reply Tony.

Chanson d'amour has very few lyrics so would be quick for me to learn - although we perhaps should reconsider our moniker to take into consideration the level of cheese...'The Spinning Fondues' anyone?

I like Enjoy Yourself - especially the Doris Day version. I really like 'Son of a Preacher Man'

Not sure how to go about singing Goody Two Shoes though......?????? - thanks for the link Tony - you are a You Tube aficionado !

songbook so far....

1. Delilah (Tom)
2. Jolene (Dolly)
4. Big Spender (Shirl)
11. Run (Snow Patrol)

1. Sweet Dreams (Eurythmics)
2. When I'm Sixty Four (Beatles)
3. California Dreamin' (Mama's and Papa's)
4. Goldfinger (Shirl)
5. Everybody needs somebody (Blues Brothers)
6. Eurythmics-Greatest-Hits track?
7. Goody two shoes – Adam and the Ants
8. Take me to the river – Annie Lennox
9. Chanson d’amour - not the Muppets
10. Enjoy Yourself - The Specials
11. Son of a preacher man - Dusty Springfield

For rehearsal next week we said we would attempt

• Will you
    Sweet Dreams (although as Shelley isn't available perhaps we should leave that until the following week?)
    Goody Two Shoes

Corrine you also liked The Blowers Daughter by Damian Rice, but Steve thought it might finish the audience off due to it being less than joyful... so we should all, if we don't know it, have a listen to that track.

Will send the list out as word document by email as I need to learn a little more about how to use the forum that is to send out the document as a word document?

Hope everyone is having a nice break, Emmy

Emmy

Back to top Go down

Post  Corinne Fri Apr 10, 2009 12:00 pm

and sorry tony but i'm particularly stoopid and i cant see diary anywhere... Embarassed

Corinne

Back to top Go down

Post  Corinne Fri Apr 10, 2009 11:30 am

love the new ideas, and yes to giving them all a go and yes to No more for now... work out what will really work and what wont and start getting stuff tight and together.
(I think i dont have it quite right so please confused help )
Delilah, Jolene, Songs of love, Big Spender, River Deep Mountain High, Perfect, Valerie, Ring of Fire, Hit the Road Jack, Just wanna dance the night away, Run, Sweet Dreams, Goldfinger, Goody two shoes, Take me to the river, Will you, Chanson D'amour, Enjoy yourself, Son of a preacher man,
Aint what you do it’s the way that you do it, When I'm Sixty Four, California Dreamin'
did we loose any of these and are there songs we agreed to try that i've forgotten?

if we all like and can work out "enjoy yourself" - that would be a great one to invite Tuba Jill to do with us? whadda you think?

and just to triple check, is Will You, the only new one we're adding this week ? with Goody 2 shoes, sweet dreams the next?

Corinne

Back to top Go down

Band Stuff - Page 7 Empty Diary & Calendar Now working

Post  Tony Fri Apr 10, 2009 10:15 am

Hi all,

I have now, after a bit of messin' set up a diary space, where we can log stuff. To demostrate I have put my upcoming hols on there. We could also log rehearsal time/place when it becomes more regular.

I think this could be useful when it comes to organising gigs after June.

Let me know if you spot any flaws, downsides, errors, problems...

To add something to the Calendar you just need to click on 'add an event' on the Calendar itself or click 'New Topic' in the diary topic list, then title it with (name - and date of event), then put the dates in at the bottom of the screen (simple honest).

Cheers

G.T.

Tony
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Tony Fri Apr 10, 2009 9:17 am

I am happy and willing to have a go at any of the songs mentioned so far, and I agree with Shelley that we should now stop going for any new additions and just work on the list we have up to today, weed out the dross or un-do-able, and sharpen the set. Only TEN more rehearsals left !!!!

DON'T PANIC

This is where the work starts i feel.

Have agreat Easter all. See you next week.

(Emmy, your really good at the lists thing, have you got an up-to-date one of what's suggested and what we need sheets for?)

Big Smiles

T clown

Tony
Admin

Back to top Go down

Band Stuff - Page 7 Empty fun boy three

Post  shelley Fri Apr 10, 2009 7:44 am

how about "t'aint what you go its the way that you do it" by fun boy three.

we could have a real giggle here, doing the whole bananarama vs fun boy three thing? Laughing lol!

Will be away now until end of next week. I for one am kind of hoping that we can come up with a conclusive list (then stop) so that we can perfect the songs, then perhaps start to add to our repertoir (or however its spelt) after the gig in June. Exclamation

Wish me luck, 5 days in caravan with two hormonal teenage girls and a stoppy wanna be 7 year old........ and I spied rain on the forecast.... No .....think I'll need to take more vodka with it. affraid

love to you all

Shelley albino

(sorry about emotives....just cant stop myself) Embarassed

shelley

Back to top Go down

Band Stuff - Page 7 Empty Slightly more serious for Slightly Shirley

Post  shelley Thu Apr 09, 2009 11:06 am

How about Son of a Preacher Man, Dusty Springfield?

albino
shelley

shelley

Back to top Go down

Band Stuff - Page 7 Empty testing testing.....1...2...3.....

Post  shelley Thu Apr 09, 2009 6:55 am

hello, hello.......can you hear me.......????????

Ooooooh smilies.......love em..... sunny sunny lol! lol!

Ahem......something a little more constructive on my next post I promise, just gotta bounce do one more. cheers

albino
shelley xx

shelley

Back to top Go down

Band Stuff - Page 7 Empty and for encore

Post  Corinne Thu Apr 09, 2009 1:21 am

have a listen to

enjoy yourself

by the specials.... its great
x

Corinne

Back to top Go down